Norton Fire Department covers 29 square miles and serves a population of approximately 20,000 residents. This jurisdiction also includes seven miles of routes 495 and the intersection of state routes 123 and 140 in town.
The department houses are four engines, one ladder truck, two ambulances, three brush trucks, two boats, a hovercraft and two specialty vehicles.
"Regardless of the budget condition, we are going to give the best service we can," said Fire Chief Richard Gomes.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There are no stairs to the entrance.
- Founding Date: 1978
- What makes this community special?: Its history, resources such as the reservoir, access to major transportation, proximity to Boston and New Hampshire.
- Services: Fire support, medical, water diving, hazardous material management
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: No
- Wi-Fi: None
- Number of firefighters: 29
- Number of trucks: 12
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Professional, Volunteer