Henri A Yelle Elementary School
Henri A. Yelle Elementary School, which shares a driveway with the high school, welcomes students, parents and staff with wood carvings. Lisa Farrell is the principal here, creating order to the school's daily activity. Yelle is also used for town meetings and other functions.
- Fax: 508-285-0187
- Hours: School hours: Mon - Fri, 8:20am - 2:35pm; office hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30 am - 2:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Elevators are on the premises.
- Founding Date: 1998
- Number of students: 452
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 25:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 62
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school has relationships with Wheaton College, the senior center and small businesses in the area.
- What makes this community special?: "Norton has a lot of history, a lot of traditions. People know each other very well. Yelle follows that. Most of the staff have been here more than I have. I've been here five years. I feel like this is my second family," Farrell said.
- Grade levels: Fourth and fifth grade
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities