The Elisabeth Amen Nursery School will host Open House
opportunities for parents seeking to enroll children for the 2014/15 school year. Visit on Tuesday, January 14th or Wednesday, January 15th from 9:30am to 4:30pm or 6:00pm to 7:30pm at 20 E. Main St., Norton. An overview of the preschool program and enrollment materials will be provided. For more information or to schedule a visit on a different day please contact Marie O’Malley at 508-285-8220 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website at www.wheatoncollege.edu/nursery-school/
2. Check out the latest Norton featured home:
3. What Else is Happening Around Norton? Henry Beston's Cape Cod at Norton Public Library
Henry Beston’s Cape Cod: How The Outermost House Inspired a National Seashore
Don Wilding, co-founder of the Henry Beston Society, will present a lecture on how Quincy native Beston took to writing fairy tales and eventually found the peace of mind he was looking for on Cape Cod’s outer beach. In doing so, he not only found himself as a writer, but his prose from The Outermost House was quoted in the earliest National Park Service field reports about Cape Cod that sealed its establishment as a national treasure.
DVDs of documentary film project footage and his book will be available for purchase and signing. Proceeds from sales benefit the Henry Beston Society, which is funding this program.
4. This Week in History: 1914 - Henry Ford introduces an assembly line for Model T Fords
5. This Week's Weather
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 50. Southwest wind 6 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Night A chance of showers, mainly after 4am. Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 39. South wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Rain likely, mainly before 2pm. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 49. Southwest wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain, mainly before 8pm. Patchy fog between 8pm and 1am, then Patchy fog between 3am and 5am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday A slight chance of showers after 8am. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.