1. The stars will be out in force today at the TPC-Boston as the Deutsche Bank Championship Pro-Am is held. Over the years, the likes of Donald Trump, Chris Berman and Bob Kraft have been in the field. It's also a good chance to see the pros in a more relaxed setting. Tiger Woods is in the first golf to tee off at 6:50 a.m. The best way to see Woods is to pick out a hole and camp out there for the morning.
2. The Deutsche Bank Championship will be held through 2016 after the PGA Tour and Deutsche Bank Wednesday announced the sponsorship is being extended by four years. The tournament is part of FedExCup Playoffs and is celebrating its 10th anniversary.
3. While he grew up in Tennessee, Scott Stallings spent a lot of summers during his youth, visiting his mother's family in New England. When he's on the course this week, Stallings, who is a New England sports fan, will have an autographed baseball signed by Jim Rice in his bag this week.
4. Jason Day is one golfer who is very glad to be in Norton this weekend. In the last two years, he has been second and third in Deutsche Bank Championship. "I feel comfortable around here," he said Wednesday.
5. A popular pairing to follow in Friday's first round will be the 12:46 p.m. group of Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els and Rickie Fowler.