School Closing Decision to be Made Tuesday Morning

Decision to be made by 6 a.m.

The decision to cancel or delay school Tuesday morning will likely not come until hours before school is scheduled to begin.

"I am waiting until later tonight to hear what Governor Patrick has to say," said Superintendent Dr. Christopher Martes. "In addition, I will be checking in with the poiice and fire chief to see what the power outage situation looks like."

Martes said the decision will be made by 6 a.m. Check this story again Tuesday morning for a comment from Martes on his final decision.

Receive updates to this story and other breaking news in your inbox or smartphone by signing up for our newsletter here

Lauren Donovan October 30, 2012 at 12:42 AM
I hope that we don't have school... teehee.... (;
Jullianne Taylor October 30, 2012 at 01:09 AM
i praying we dont it would make the perfic time to get chaght up on school work and reading :) PLEASE GOD NO SCHOOL
John October 30, 2012 at 02:56 AM
Dr Martes we shouldn't have school because everyone around us doesn't and because some streets are closed and some people don't have power make the right choice
Lauren Donovan October 30, 2012 at 03:52 AM
I still have to write my essay... PLEASE!!!! No school.
jordania October 30, 2012 at 08:48 AM
I think it is ridiculous making parents wait until the morning. Many parents need to make other arrangements for child care. They dont want to be scrambling in the morning. I know i have to leave at 6:30 in the morning for work. I cant be calling people at that time trying to find someone to watch my child. Its either safe for kids to go to school or its not. Governer Patrick does not know the damage in norton, you do.
Greg October 30, 2012 at 09:32 AM
5:30am Tuesday. No announcement yet on whether the schools are open in Norton. Dr. Martes must be still asleep. Way to go, I am sure most parents work for a living in Norton and would have liked to have made arrangements at a decent hour of the day. Poor planning......
hannah October 30, 2012 at 09:43 AM
i hope there's no school, because I really don't want to go out in the pouring rain :/
John Francis October 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Just got the call - 2 hour delay opening schools in Norton. John Francis
Mark Stoughton October 30, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Only about 1/3 of families got the cancellation call on Sunday. We found out the old fashioned way, by radio.
Mark Stoughton October 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Boston.com says schools opening 2 hours late


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something