Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. There is a 70 percent chance of rain today, with a high near 61. It will be also be cloudy, with patchy fog. There is a 50 percent chance of showers tonight, with a low of around 42.
2. There are several events happening at the tomorrow, including "Holidays in the White House" 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., a festive tour of the various ways our First Families have celebrated the Holiday Season by Judy Bernstein. From 1 to 2 p.m., the Knot Just Knitting group will meet. Book Explorers will discuss Ellis Island from 4 to 5 p.m. To prepare, kids in grades kindergarten through 3 can try to find the name of a member of a family member who came from another country to America, as well as the (approximate) year he or she arrived in America and what country he or she came from.
3. A workshop on how to start or run a more profitable small business will be held 6:30 to 9 p.m. at 875 Centerville Road, Warwick, R.I. Learn how to slash your taxes, how to price products or services, how to start with very little cash and more. This free event also includes a workbook. Call 401-946-1900 to reserve your spot - Space is limited.
4. Some neighborhoods were the victim of vandalism this week. For more, check out this week’s .
5. Norton Patch will be celebrating its first anniversary Nov. 23. What are some of your favorite stories? What do you like about Norton Patch? Email Kelly.Mello@Patch.com.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something