Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. This Veterans Day, there is a 20 percent chance of showers before 9 a.m. It will be cloudy through mid morning, then gradually clearing, with a high near 52. It will be breezy, with a northwest wind 9 to 12 mph increasing to between 17 and 20 mph. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 32. West wind will be between 8 and 16 mph.
2. Due to the holiday, will be closed.
3. The Veterans Day Parade will begin 10 a.m. Friday, starting from Box Shop Curve Cemetery to Pine Street Cemetery and then back to the Norton Common.
4. is running a Veterans Day special. Play and have lunch for under $20. There will be a $2 discount off regular admission prices and extra large pizzas for $10.
5. At around 10 a.m. the latest police log will be posted.