Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there is a 20 percent chance of showers before 10 a.m. It will be cloudy, with a high near 57. Southeast wind will be between 5 and 7 mph. Tonight will be cloudy, with a low around 49. South wind will be between 3 and 6 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
2. The Friends of the are holding their annual spring book sale from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. today. There will also be an afternoon book discussion group at 4 p.m. This month’s selection is “The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb,” by Melanie Benjamin. t
3. The fourth annual Monte Carlo Night & Silent Auction is 6 to 9:30 p.m. at Showcase Live at Patriot Place in Foxboro. When you purchase a ticket for $35 at the door, you'll get $2,000 funny money to play games such as Roulette, Blackjack, Craps, Texas hold 'em poker and Wheel of Fortune. If you don’t know how to play the volunteer dealers will help you learn. There are also over 60 silent auction items you can bid on like Red Sox tickets, VIP seats to Comcast Center, weekend getaways, a signed Tyler Siegen puck, a stick signed by the entire team and more. Music will be played all night including a live show by John Fusek 7 to 8 p.m. Food will also be available. Just by attending you could win one of five door prizes. For more information email www.tri-townchamber.org.
4. Today is the last full day to vote for your . Pick your favorite and leave a review in the directory. The winner will be announced Friday at noon.
5. Brownie Troop 80443 recently took a trip to and learned some fire safety tips. They shared what they were taught in a letter to the editor. Check it out at 9 a.m.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something