Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Tonight there is a 20 percent chance of showers. Patchy fog is expected before 9 a.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 68. South wind will be between 8 and 14 mph. Tonight there is a 70 percent chance of showers mainly after 11 p.m. It will be cloudy, with a low around 57. South wind will be between 9 and 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
2. May 15 is designated as Peace Officers Memorial Day, with federal law directing that all flags be flown at half-staff on that date in honor of fallen officers and their families. Norton Police chief Brian Clark urges all residents to take a moment to remember those fallen officers during Peace Officers Memorial Day.
3. In this week’s Best Of series we are looking for the best ice cream in Norton. and leave a review in the directory.
4. new greenhouse, located at the top of the Mars Center for Science and Technology, will host an open house and a repotting clinic on Friday, May 18, from 1 to 4 p.m. For more information tune in at 2 p.m.
5. Norton Patch now has a blogging platform to let readers have more of a voice on the site. Anyone can blog on countless subjects, such as sports, home and garden, politics and more, so long as it is not an advertisement. If you would like to become a blogger, click here.