Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there is a 30 percent chance of isolated showers and thunderstorms after noon. Otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 79. West wind will be between 7 and 10 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Tonight there is a 20 percent chance of isolated showers before 7 p.m., then a slight chance of showers after 2 a.m. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.
2. It’s Mother’s Day! Celebrate by taking mom to one of the many tasty restaurants in town. Attached are a few of their special menus.
3. Norton American Legion Post 222 will hold baseball try-outs 5 to 8 p.m. tonight at the Norton High School varsity baseball field at 66 Main St., Norton. Norton will have a Sr. Legion and Jr. Legion team, both of which are wood bat leagues. Players interested in playing baseball for the Norton American Legion Post 222 must attend the try-outs. Players must be born between 1993-1997 to be eligible. Players born between 1993-1994 must play Sr. Legion. For more information contact Jay Hanson, email@example.com or 508-328-9229.
4. Check out the latest video uploaded by www.hercamp.org to our Pics & Clips gallery.
5. Help us get 800 fans on Facebook and Twitter! Spread the word about Norton Patch to fellow Nortonites. Get the latest news updates, see extra photos and network with your neighbors.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something