Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there is a 90 percent chance of showers, mainly before noon. Patchy fog is expected before 11 a.m. The temperature high will be near 67. North wind will be between 9 and 11 mph. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 45. West wind will be around 8 mph.
2. The Deutsche Bank Championship will celebrate its 10th anniversary this summer, and to mark the special occasion, the Championship is offering a number of new ticket options. They can be purchased at www.dbchampionship.com, by phone at 877-TIX-4DBC (877-849-4322), or at all seven Golf TownMassachusetts locations in Avon, Bellingham, Natick, Northborough, Reading, Seekonk and Watertown. For more information tune in at 1 p.m.
3. Join the Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce for the Fashion Envy-Fashion Extravaganza, with a portion of the proceeds going to benefit Birthday Wishes of Foxboro. This event will take place 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Blue Hill Country Club in Canton. Check out all the latest in men's and women's fashion from Lord & Taylor, Jos. A. Banks, New Balance and more while enjoying hors d'oeuvres and drinks. Adele Scala, Miss New York International 2012 and a former New England Patriots Cheerleader will be a special guest model. Tickets are $35 and can be purchased here.
4. Willpower and fried food do not necessarily go hand in hand. Read columnist Bob Havey’s experience with this .
5. National Grid will be conducting helicopter inspections in Norton Friday, May 18. For further details tune in at 11 a.m.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something