Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there is a 90 percent chance of showers, mainly before noon. Patchy fog is expected before 11 a.m. The temperature high will be near 67. North wind will be between 9 and 11 mph. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 45. West wind will be around 8 mph.
2. The Deutsche Bank Championship will celebrate its 10th anniversary this summer, and to mark the special occasion, the Championship is offering a number of new ticket options. They can be purchased at www.dbchampionship.com, by phone at 877-TIX-4DBC (877-849-4322), or at all seven Golf TownMassachusetts locations in Avon, Bellingham, Natick, Northborough, Reading, Seekonk and Watertown. For more information tune in at 1 p.m.
3. Join the Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce for the Fashion Envy-Fashion Extravaganza, with a portion of the proceeds going to benefit Birthday Wishes of Foxboro. This event will take place 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Blue Hill Country Club in Canton. Check out all the latest in men's and women's fashion from Lord & Taylor, Jos. A. Banks, New Balance and more while enjoying hors d'oeuvres and drinks. Adele Scala, Miss New York International 2012 and a former New England Patriots Cheerleader will be a special guest model. Tickets are $35 and can be purchased here.
4. Willpower and fried food do not necessarily go hand in hand. Read columnist Bob Havey’s experience with this .
5. National Grid will be conducting helicopter inspections in Norton Friday, May 18. For further details tune in at 11 a.m.