Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there will be between a quarter and half an inch of rain expected. Patchy fog is expected after noon. The temperature high will be near 49. Southeast wind will be around 10 mph. Tonight there is a 30 percent chance of showers before 8 p.m., and then will slow down to a drizzle. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Northeast wind will be between 3 and 8 mph.
2. The Friends of the are holding their annual spring book sale today through Saturday, May 5. The sale is only open today for Friends of the Library from 4 to 7 p.m. Annual memberships may be purchased at the sale. The sale will be 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 2, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. May 3, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 4 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 5. Fill a bag for $3 on the final day.
3. Are you an alumni of Attleboro High School? If so, you are welcome to a coffee social 7 p.m. at , 16 S. Main St., Attleboro. It will include complimentary coffee and pastries. Join fellow alumni for laughs, networking, re-connecting, sharing pictures, etc. This is for all graduates of all years of AHS. For more information call Joan at 508-243-9130 or visit
4. An abandoned cemetery off Toad Island Road and Bay Road holds the remains of some of the first founders of Norton, but no one knows exactly who is buried there. Access to the plots in the Lincoln Cemetery is difficult because the land surrounding it belongs to the state Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, but selectman Bob Kimball thinks it is time to make the cleanup and inventory of the historical area a priority. To read more, click .
5. The Founder’s Day Picnic is still on for Saturday, June 23. To see how the planning has been going, tune in at 9 a.m.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something