Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be sunny, with a high near 38. Northwest wind will be between 9 and 13 mph. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 23. North wind will be around 5 mph becoming south.
2. Join the MOMS Club of Norton at for a day of fun to benefit the Visit between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to play; a bake sale table will also be open and staffed by members of the MOMS Club 9 a.m. to noon. This event is open to the public. Admission is $10 per child over 3 and $8 per child under 3. A percentage of admission proceeds and 100 percent of bake sale proceeds will be donated to the Clinkscale Family Fund at . You must have the attached event flyer in order to participate in the fundraiser - print and bring it with you to Frenzy. If you're having trouble printing it, email email@example.com.
3. This year, will award a $1,000 scholarship to one college-bound member of the senior class in each high school in Rhode Island and Bristol County, Massachusetts who excels academically, demonstrates leadership qualities, and is involved with the community. More than 110 scholarships will be awarded overall. Eligible students can receive more information by visiting participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants in Rhode Island and Bristol County, Massachusetts. Applications must be received by March 15.
4. Community VNA, 10 Emory St. Attleboro, hosts a monthly support group designed for caregivers of persons with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias. Facilitator is Joyce Colletto, RN. Meetings take place the first Tuesday of each month 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. For more information call 508-222-0118, extension 1374.
5. So far, it's a tight race in our Best Of reader’s choice contest. Let your opinion be known by voting in our and leaving a review in the Places section of Norton Patch.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something