Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 36. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 17.
2. A group of students at Norton Middle School recently designed and painted a large mural (4’x8’) for the “C” Wing. It will be unveiled at tonight’s School Committee meeting, which starts 6:30 p.m.
3. Temple Chayai Shalom, 239 Depot St, South Easton, will hold a weekly support group for new parents starting 10:30 a.m. This free group is sponsored by the Center for Early Relationship Support of Jewish Family and Children's Service, and welcomes new parents of all faiths and races. Registration is not required.
4. Local author Jan Brett is once again holding a contest where the prize is her visit to a library. Norton came close to winning last year. To enter, click on the Contest Entry Form icon on her Facebook page. Contest ends April 9.
5. It Takes A Community Norton is working on collecting summer camps to help the many children in Norton who have either lost a parent or families who are coping with a terminally ill family member. Children for these camps may also be nominated. All names will be kept confidential and camp donations will be sent anonymously as a gift from a friend. For more information on donations or to nominate a child, email email@example.com.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something