Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there is a 90 percent chance of showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 3 p.m., then a slight chance of showers between 3 and 4 p.m. Patchy fog is also expected before 1 p.m. Temperature high will be near 54. East wind will be between 8 to 13 mph becoming west. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 31.
2. Every Saturday afternoon with the exceptions of a major holidays the holds a meet raffle, which is open to the public. There are 12 various meat trays to be drawn and the drawings start at 3 p.m. so get there a little early to get your tickets. It is followed by a 50/50 raffle.
3. The in Mansfield Crossing will be open for the next three weekends in March, and will feature different events each weekend. Each Friday will feature a live performance by Stacey Peasley’s Children’s Music, while Saturdays will feature face painting and a live performance by Far From Eden. Sundays there will be a horse drawn carriage to give rides around Mansfield Crossing and balloon animals from Art on the Spot.
4. Looking for a new home? Let Patch help. Check out open houses in the area in our .
5. Help us get 700 fans on Facebook and Twitter! Spread the word about Norton Patch to fellow Nortonites. Get the latest news updates, see extra photos and network with your neighbors.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something