Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be sunny, with a temperature falling to around 30 by 5 p.m. It will be breezy, with a west wind between 16 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 13. North wind will be between 6 and 11 mph.
2. is hosting a to help put you on the fast track to health and fitness success. This program is $149 for non-students and $99 for students or teachers. The team who loses the biggest body fat percentage will win a limousine ride to Top of the Hub restaurant in Boston. Personal Best will donate $1 to St. Jude’s Research Hospital for every pound lost. The last day to register is Jan. 19. To register call 508-285-5425 or fill out an EZ form at the school and pay the fee to hold your spot.
3. , 131 Copeland Drive, Mansfield, will hold a free Intro to WordPress workshop at 8 a.m. Sheila Oliver, owner of The Small Biz Web Shop will share her expertise on WordPress, its history, the basics behind it, how it can be customized and how to determine if it is the best solution for your website or blog. To register, visit www.harboroneu.com. For more information email email@example.com or call 508-895-1300. Seating is limited.
4. Sometimes, there’s a good reason for being ticked off. Other times, you’re just being a curmudgeon. Bob Havey works out these issues in .
5. Norton Patch now has a blogging platform to let readers have more of a voice on the site. If you would like to become a blogger, email Kelly.Mello@Patch.com.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something