Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there is a 50 percent chance of rain and snow showers. It will be cloudy, with a high near 48. Tonight there is a 40 percent chance of rain and snow showers. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
2. Shirley Yelle McPhee lived on North Worcester Street during her childhood. She will recall the activities at Chartley Corner, Everett Leonard's ice cream stand, Sturdy School and the 7:30 p.m. at , 18 W. Main St.. Did you ever pick vegetables at the the Ulmer or Souza farms? Come enjoy an evening of reminiscing about places, people and events at Chartley Village.
3. The Attleboro Depression & Biopoloar Support Alliance of Greater Attleboro (DBSA) is hosting its weekly support group for people with depression and bipolar disorder. DBSA-Attleboro is sponsored by Community Care Services of Attleboro, a mental health agency. Meetings are held every Tuesday at the Hillside Day Adult Health Center. Newcomers should arrive at the meeting at 6:45 p.m. No registration is required.
4. Coming up at about 9 a.m. will be the log.
5. Norton Patch is striving to become your community website. This means we want more user generated content, whether they be photos, letters to the editors, or even your own news submissions! We can’t be everywhere, after all. Got something you’d like added to the site? Email Kelly.Mello@Patch.com.