Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be sunny, with a high near 43. North wind will be between 3 and 8 mph. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
2. The Norton High School Art Group will be displaying at The Artist's Studio & Gallery at Patriot Place 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Artist's Studio & Gallery at Patriot Place wanted to reach out to the community by allowing local high school groups to display their talents within a professional art gallery at no cost to the school or the students. Approximately 50 pieces of Norton High School student art will be displayed alongside the works of six or more professional artists.
3. A fundraiser to support the SE Mass Sliders, the first ever 12 year old baseball team from Mansfield to participate in the Cooperstown Dreams Park Baseball Tournament will be held 7 p.m. at Casey O’Connor’s. Tickets are $20 which will also be a raffle ticket for one of the prizes being offered, including tickets to the Patriots, Celtics and Red Sox. Free appetizers will be served from 7 to 9 p.m. For more information, to purchase tickets or donate directly to the team, visit www.leaguelineup.com/semasssliders.
4. Local author Jan Brett is once again holding a contest where the prize is a visit from her at a library. Norton came close to winning last year. To enter, click on the Contest Entry Form icon on her Facebook page. Contest ends April 9.
5. Have random Norton-centric photos you’d like to share? Upload them into the Norton Patch Neighborhood Gallery at any time you like here.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something