Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. There is a 20 percent chance of rain and snow showers before 10 a.m., then a slight chance of rain showers after 4 p.m. It will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 51 and light and variable wind. There is also a slight chance of rain before 9 p.m. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
2. Weight Watchers meetings are held at held every Wednesday at 6 p.m. and new members are being sought. The meeting is an "at work" format and about four more people are needed in order to meet the minimum. The cost is $39.95 per month. Membership is at a discounted rate with full access to all the Weight Watcher etools. For more information call 508-285-3355.
3. , is hosting rock-n-roll artist John Waite. Tickets are $25 the day of the show and $45 for VIP access sold only in groups of four. Doors open 6 p.m. for dinner and best seat selection. The show starts 8 p.m. Click here for tickets.
4. While most people at Monday’s public hearing about the were against the project, over 230 people said they are for it in our Patch poll. What are your thoughts?
5. Pesticide spraying exclusions must be filed with the Town Clerk by March 1. For more information and a form tune in at noon.