Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. There is a 90 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today. Patchy fog is expected between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. with a high near 51.This New Year’s Eve, there is a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 7 p.m. It will be mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 33. West wind will be between 3 and 7 mph.
2. The Tricentennial Committee will end Norton’s 300th birthday with the closing of the 350th time capsule at , across the street from Norton Common, at 1 p.m. Speakers will discuss the year’s events and refreshments will be served.
3. Up for a little celebratory bowling? Try Enjoy a four-course, pre-fixe meal and a champagne toast. Tickets are $45.
4. What’s on the menu at ? Click to find out.
5. Is your New Year’s Resolution to write more or have a louder voice on Norton Patch? We’ve got you covered. If you would like to become a blogger, email Kelly.Mello@Patch.com.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something