Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. There is a 90 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today. Patchy fog is expected between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. with a high near 51.This New Year’s Eve, there is a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 7 p.m. It will be mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 33. West wind will be between 3 and 7 mph.
2. The Tricentennial Committee will end Norton’s 300th birthday with the closing of the 350th time capsule at , across the street from Norton Common, at 1 p.m. Speakers will discuss the year’s events and refreshments will be served.
3. Up for a little celebratory bowling? Try Enjoy a four-course, pre-fixe meal and a champagne toast. Tickets are $45.
4. What’s on the menu at ? Click to find out.
5. Is your New Year’s Resolution to write more or have a louder voice on Norton Patch? We’ve got you covered. If you would like to become a blogger, email Kelly.Mello@Patch.com.