Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today, Patriot’s Day and Marathon Monday, will be mostly sunny, with a high near 83. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 56.
2. is holding a recycling event during April vacation week. Today from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., get creative and repurpose recycled items. Make a robot, play lidsbee, go bowling with caps and more. Creations will be put on display for a contest for the most creative use of recycled items. The contest is broken into three age groups; ages 2-5, 6-9 and 10-14. One winner will be chosen from each age category and will win a free family pass to use any day, any time at Frenzy.
3. Mass Audubon’s Moose Hill Wildlife Gallery, 293 Moose Hill St., Sharon, has a new exhibit called “Captivating Landscapes – Visions and Views” featuring the artwork of Sherrill Hannon, Katrina Kirkland-Cornia, Katrina Majkut, Sheila Pallay and Mary Wilkas. View this work executed in oil, photography, monoprint and mixed media as each artist ignites and inspires a distinctive visual tour de force. The exhibit will run through June 19. The Gallery is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. For more information visit www.massaudubon.org. or call 781-784-5691.
4. Stephen D’Ercole, 9, from Norton will be honored May 19 at Fenway Park as a Pedal Partner of the 33rd annual Pan-Massachusetts Challenge bike-a-thon. To learn more about this tune in this afternoon.
5. Have random Norton-centric photos you’d like to share? Upload them into the Norton Patch Pics & Clips gallery at any time you like here.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something