According to data from the United States Census Bureau's 2011 American Community Survey, it generally takes most of Norton about a half-hour to get to work.
But, as we found out by asking some Norton Patch Facebook users, there are certainly some areas you should avoid if you want to keep that commute under a half-hour. Below are a few responses we got from residents when we asked about their commute:
- Pamela Williams The intersection at N/S Washington and 123 is awful. It's quicker to drive 3 miles away to avoid that spot.
- Rebecca Lewis Clary The intersection of n/s Worcester street is bad, you can wait 5 min to get across at times.
- Tara Lang Scagnoli After school Rt 123 stretch: JCS to Personal Best Karate. The road is jammed and the pressure is on to get to karate class on time!
- Keri Martino-Pickett Yes rte 123 from S & N Washington to the light is awful from 4:30- 6ish!
- Cathy Buteau Dalton I avoid Rte 123 near the center and def past Wheaton College at rush hour! Sometimes it's so bad I wonder if there was an accident on 495 and people got off the highway!
- Dawn Coppola Baker The intersection between 123 and Elm St and Pine St needs a light. There should also be one at the 495 exit off 123. Basically Norton needs some lights along 123!
- Tom Golota The light!