Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Patchy fog is expected before 9 a.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. Calm wind will become south between 7 and 10 mph. Tonight there is a 20 percent chance of showers. Patchy fog is expected after 11 p.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. South wind will be between 3 and 8 mph.
2. The 2012 Give & Go Yard Sale will take place today from 2 to 7 p.m. and Friday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Clark Athletic Center of , 26 E. Main Street. It will benefit , Friends of , Homes with Heart and the Norton Veterans from the and . Gently used sale items have been donated by the college community and area families. The Clark Athletic Center is located by the college baseball fields and can be accessed off Main Street through the parking lot at the flashing crosswalk traffic light. The facility is in the back of the parking lot.
3. The Take 10 Compression Only CPR Training Program will take place 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in near the main lobby of Sturdy Memorial Hospital. No registration is required. The program is open to the public. Call 508-236-8010 for information.
4. Gretchen Stalters, president of the Norton Embracing Educational Development (N.E.E.D.) organization announced that has been awarded to five different programs at Norton Public Schools. Find out how the grants were distributed.
5. Student Council members Kady Ferugson and Sara Pisdadian passed the torch as student representatives on the School Committee to Bryce McCarthy and Tyler McNeill. Tune in at 2 p.m. for more on this story.