Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be sunny, with a high near 80. East wind will be between 5 and 11 mph. Tonight will be partly cloudy with a low around 50.
2. Camp Edith Read, 79 N. Worcester St., Norton, is holding a summer camp open house 1 to 4 p.m. Girls and their families are welcome to tour camp and learn about the programs that will be offered there this summer. For more information visit www.hercamp.org, call 617-350-8335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The 18th annual Walk for Animals Fundraiser hosted by Neponset Valley Humane Society will be held at 10:30 a.m. at Borderland State Park. The walk is approximately three miles through well-marked wooded trails. Registration is between 9:30 and 11 a.m. Visitors are encouraged to bring their friendly, vaccinated dogs. This year, the raffles will include Red Sox tickets. Walkers with the most sponsors could win gift certificates donated by the 99 Restaurant and British Beer Company. Any walker with a minimum $30 in sponsor money gets a free NVHS T-shirt. White Whiskers Pet Photography will be offering professional photos of one's dog. For more information call 781-769-1990 or email email@example.com.
4. On Thursday, 16 grant recipients were honored by the Norton Cultural Council. To see who was awarded, click .
5. Help us get 900 fans on Facebook and Twitter! Spread the word about Norton Patch to fellow Nortonites. Get the latest news updates, see extra photos and network with your neighbors.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something