Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be sunny, with a high near 73. North wind between 7 and 9 mph. Tonight will be clear, with a low around 43. North wind will be between 5 and 8 mph.
2. At 10:30 a.m. at , hear stories and secrets about the native plants of Tricentennial Park. The Tricentennial Park of Norton, dedicated in the fall of 2011, features about 300 native plants and five new native trees. Each variety, whether large like the Princeton Elm or small like the several species of ferns, all have secrets to share. Kathy Ebert-Zawasky will show slides of these plants and share some of their complicated, intertwined stories.Then from 5:30 to 7 p.m., meet the recipients of this year’s Norton Cultural Council awards. This is also a good opportunity to find out what the cultural council is and what they do. Offer your input on how money should be spent to enhance the town of Norton. This free event is open to all Norton residents and guests. Light refreshments will be served.
3. National star and comedy legend Tony V will be appearing at a triple headliner event at Showcase Live at Patriot Place in Foxboro at 8 p.m. Also appearing are Las Vegas and cruise ship regular Jim Colliton along with Dan Boulger who has appeared on Comedy Central and the Craig Ferguson Show. Tickets are $12.
4. At noon, find out when you will be able to enjoy a pizza from Mangia and other details about the shop.
5. A drug trafficking incident involving middle school and high school age youths led to three juvenile arrests Wednesday. Read more .
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something