Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there is a 40 percent chance of showers. It will be cloudy, with a high near 61. North wind will be around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Tonight there is a 30 percent chance of showers. It will be cloudy, with a low around 50. North wind between 3 and 6 mph.
2. Raina C. Smith, author of “The 13th Apostle,” will stop by for a presentation and book signing at 1:30 p.m. This event is free and open to all. Attend and be entered to win a free copy of the book or a gift certificate for lunch or dinner at EPOCH. Reservations are requested by calling 508-955-0804.
3. The Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl presented by FedEx will be presented June 5, 6 and 7 from noon to 8 p.m. at Boston’s City Hall Plaza. This all-you-can-eat ice cream festival will include more than 30 flavors of ice cream, sorbet and gelato from area vendors. This event will be held rain or shine. All proceeds support adult and pediatric cancer care and research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. General admission is $10, $5 for children ages 3 to 9 and free for children younger than 3. A three-day Scooper pass is $20. Purchase tickets at www.scooperbowl.org for a chance to win in the 30 Days of Ice Cream Give-a-Ways. Tickets are also available for at the event.
4. Norton Reservoir is a recreational gem in your backyard. Check out this of the the 530-acre body of water in town.
5. What do Purdue, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) and Penn State, to name a few- all have in common? These universities all participate in the federally-sponsored Project Lead the Way program. Learn more about it this afternoon.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something