Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there is a 70 percent chance of showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 11 a.m. It will be cloudy, with a high near 76. Tonight there is a 60 percent chance of showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Otherwise, it will be cloudy, with a low around 59.
2. The Drive for Norton golf tournament will be held at Norton Country Club at 1:30 p.m. Registration begins at 12:30 p.m. This year all proceeds will benefit the Norton Parks and Recreation Department and Norton Youth Soccer. There will be prizes and auction items including a one week stay in St. Martin (airfare not included) and a $10,000 cash prize for the first hole in one at hole 3. For more details or the registration form, visit www.nortonparksandrec.com and click on "golf tournament".
3. Local artists and crafters are being sought to participate in the annual fall Harvest and Arts Festival at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Attleboro, 647 N. Main St.. The festival will be held Sept. 22, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Space will be divided in 10'x10' increments for $25. Larger spaces may be available upon request. Food vendors will be charged $50 for the day. All artists and crafters will need to furnish samples of work. Interested parties can email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-222-2898.
4. The honor roll list for all grades for will be posted at 9 a.m.
5. Miss the Founder’s Day Picnic or want to relive the events? Check out our photo gallery.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something