Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Light and variable wind will become east around 6 mph in the afternoon. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 59. Southeast wind will be around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
2. Norton Basketball Association is now accepting coaching applications for the 2012-2013 travel basketball program. Applications are due by August 15. This is only for A-team travel coaches. Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. For people who are new to the area or need a new physician, Sturdy Memorial Hospital offers a free physician referral service. Over 150 physicians, including OB/GYNs, internists and family practitioners, are on the active staff. There are also many specialists affiliated with the hospital. By calling 508-236-8500, a representative can assist you in finding an appropriate physician for your needs, keeping in mind your insurance specifications. You may also request a list of hospital affiliated physicians accepting patients.
4. Governor Deval Patrick will sign the H.4261 “Resolve Relating To The Tribal-State Compact Between The Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe And The Commonwealth Of Massachusetts” 3:30 p.m. in room 360 of the State House today.
5. The race to find the unofficial Mayor of Norton is on! To learn more about which charities the are running for and how you can donate, tune in at noon.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something