Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind will become west around 6 mph in the afternoon. Tonight will be clear, with a low around 59. South wind will be around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
2. You know summer is here when Java Jive kicks off summer concerts 7 p.m. in the park. Don't miss the world's smallest big band with their singing, trumpets, trombone and keyboards performing current hits, big band swing, Motown and requests. Come by each week to see other bands play too.
3. The Brockton Rox host the North Shore Navigators at 7:05 p.m. However, this isn’t your average Tuesday night. It’s “The Office Night” at the ballpark, a night centered on the popular television show, “The Office.” For starters, fans who dress as characters from the show will get a free ticket for the game. The Rox also have a special contest planned for fans of all ages, with the winner taking home the complete box-set of The Office and a Blu Ray DVD Player. Meanwhile, the entire stadium will be covered in office décor, while kids can partake in an office-themed scavenger hunt. Not to mention that it’s Two-For-Tuesday, where fans can get $2 draft beers as well as two-for-one deals on box seats, soda, popcorn, ice cream, hot dogs, and other select concession items. Visit the Rox website for tickets.
4. Construction has begun at Norton High School. Check out the work in this .
5. With the start of summer and longer days comes the start of summer league athletics across the area. The Hockomock Girls’ Summer Softball League is off and running as 78 teams compete in seven divisions across four age groups. Learn more about the league .