Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there is a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3 p.m. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog is expected before 9 a.m. Otherwise, it will be cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Calm wind will become southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 67. South wind will be 3 to 7 mph.
2. , 336 Old Colony Road, is hosting Kids Karaoke 5 to 8 p.m. and Thirsty Thursday Karaoke at 8 p.m. to midnight. Stop by each week for your time to shine.
3. The Infractions will play at the Foxboro Jaycees free concert series on the Common from 7n to 9 p.m. Bring a blanket or chair for a night of great music. The Jaycees will also have candy, soda and other goodies for sale.
4. The American Red Cross launched its official Hurricane App. It gives instant access to local and real time information on what to do before, during and after hurricanes. The app also allows people to monitor personalized weather alerts in locations where family and friends reside and share information with others in their social networks who might also need it. The Hurricane App can be found in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store for Android by searching for American Red Cross.
5. At 9 a.m. learn about what the Deutsche Bank Championship has in store for Norton, followed by the police log at noon.