Friday at 10:30 a.m.:
Join us for a free series of Yoga courses for beginners focusing on traditional Hatha postures and learning proper breathing techniques. Participants will become comfortable and confident to continue learning Yoga and incorporating Yoga principles into their lives. Whether you take just one class or all three you will leave with a better understanding of the practice. Students should wear loose fitting clothing and bring a yoga mat or beach towel and bottled water. Karen Damiecki is a local passionate yoga instructor who has also been certified by the Yoga Alliance to be a teacher trainer.
Class 1 of 3. Registration will begin two weeks before each class; participants may register for some or all of the classes.
2. Check out open homes available in Norton this weekend:
3. What Else is Happening Around Norton? The Norton boys' track team is undefeated. For a full look, click here.
4. Jan. 17 in History: 1961 - President Dwight D. Eisenhower delivers a televised farewell address to the nation three days before leaving office, in which he warns against the accumulation of power by the "military-industrial complex".
5. Friday's Weather
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night: A slight chance of snow showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.