Thursday at 10:30 a.m.:
Don Wilding, co-founder of the Henry Beston Society, will present a lecture on how Quincy native Beston took to writing fairy tales and eventually found the peace of mind he was looking for on Cape Cod’s outer beach. In doing so, he not only found himself as a writer, but his prose from The Outermost House was quoted in the earliest National Park Service field reports about Cape Cod that sealed its establishment as a national treasure.
DVDs of documentary film project footage and his book will be available for purchase and signing. Proceeds from sales benefit the Henry Beston Society, which is funding this program.
2. Check out newly listed homes in the Norton area:
3. What Else is Happening Around Norton? Union Rd. remains closed due to flooding in the area.
4. Jan. 16 in History: 1920 - 18th Amendment, prohibition, goes into effect; repealed in 1933
5. Thursday's Weather
- Thursday: A slight chance of showers after 11am. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Light north wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night: A slight chance of rain showers before 11pm, then a slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.