Wednesday at 7:45 a.m. at the Tri-Town Chamber of Commerce:
Get your credit questions answered by Tri-Town Chamber member American Credit Counseling Service. Do you know how to get free credit reports and how to maintain a good credit score? Have you ever thought about how co-signing a loan effects your credit score?
If you have these or other questions, join this free question and answer session with the professionals.
About American Credit Counseling Service: American Credit Counseling Service (ACCS) was founded on March 1, 1988, with a mission to help consumers, by providing financial education to those in need. In June, 1989, in response to requests from the United Way, ACCS began providing no-fee one on one credit counseling to United Way clients, in addition to seminars. ACCS was incorporated as a “not for profit” corporation, American Credit Counseling Service, Inc., in March, 1992, and received its tax exempt IRS 501 c (3) status in August, 1994. They continue to provide quality Financial Education to the consumer, and they still conduct seminars and workshops to the public, free of charge. They maintain a policy of lowering or waiving fees for consumers, the majority of which are low income. They staff our nationwide toll-free telephone numbers for consumers that seek free credit and financial advice. They feel that they provide services that are essential to all the communities that they touch.
For more information and to register, click here.
2. Check out the latest Norton Home of the Day:
3. What Else is Happening Around Norton? Dunkin' Donuts will be hosting a blood drive Wednesday. For more, click here.
4. Jan. 8 in History: 1964 - President Lyndon B Johnson declares "War on Poverty"
5. Wednesday's Weather
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -6. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Wednesday Night: Increasing clouds, with a low around 12. West wind around 6 mph.