Invite a friend
Setup and Operate an Effective Shelter
The Bristol Norfolk Medical Reserve Corps will be offering "Setup and Operate an Effective Shelter" on Thursday, February 7, 2013, 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at the Norton Public Library, 68 East Main Street, Norton, MA 02766. Dennis Swift, R.N., B.S.N. is the presenter.
"Setup and Operate an Effective Shelter" is for Medical Reserve Corps volunteers; however, individuals from the general public are also welcome to attend. This training will provide an overview of policies and procedures for setting up, running and closing a shelter.
Nurses and Medical Assistants attending this course will be awarded two contact hours towards their professional licensure or recertification.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Registration information: Please call Donna Palmer, R.N., at 508-285-0258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. When responding, please leave your name, a phone number and the number of people expected to attend.
For additional information about the Medical Reserve Corps or trainings, please visit our web site: www. bristol-norfolkmrc.org.
More About Norton Public Library
Norton Public Library, which began as the Norton Magazine Club in 1879, became a Massachusetts corporation in 1886. Eliza Wheaton, whose painting adorns the library's meeting room, gave the library to the town. Previously located at the intersection of Routes 123 and 140, the library moved to its current location in 1991. The adjacent park opened in 1999.
Other events here
- Teen Tuesday Tue, May 28, 3:30 pm
- Writers' Group Tue, May 28, 6:00 pm
- Spring-a-Ding Storytime May 15, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / May 29, 2013, 10:30 am
- Norton Cultural Council 1st Annual Art Show and Grant Recipient Reception Thu, May 30, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- I'm Going to Kindergarten! Mon, Jun 3, 4:00 pm
- Teen Tuesday Tue, Jun 4, 3:30 pm
- Friends of the Library Monthly Meeting Tue, Jun 4, 6:30 pm
- Morning Book Discussion Group Wed, Jun 5, 10:30 am
- Afternoon Book Discussion Group Thu, Jun 6, 4:00 pm
- Norton Rail-Trail Committee Meeting June 6, 2013 / June 20, 2013, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm