Invite a friend
January 29th, 2013 - April 30th, 2013
Join Evelyn Ross and Ken Perlow at the Norton Public Library for an eight-session “Great Decisions” discussion group on Tuesday mornings every other week running from January 29 to April 30. Meetings will be from 10:15 to 11:45 a.m. Evelyn and Ken welcome back those who participated during the past years as well as new members who wish to join in 2013. Each meeting includes a film and roundtable discussion of a different foreign policy issue. The issues to be discussed are: Future of the Euro; Egypt; NATO; Myanmar and Southeast Asia; Intervention; Iran; China in Africa; and Threat Assessment.Adults from Norton and surrounding towns are welcome to attend. There will be a $20.00 materials charge for the briefing book published by the Foreign Policy Association, payable to Ken Perlow at registration. Register at the library’s circulation desk December 17th - January 8th.
Great Decisions is America's largest discussion program on world affairs. The name is shared by a national civic-education program, briefing book and television series administered and produced by the Foreign Policy Association. The Great Decisions program highlights eight of the most thought-provoking foreign policy challenges facing Americans each year. Great Decisions provides background information, current data and policy options for each issue and serves as the focal text for discussion groups.
Location: Community Room
More About Norton Public Library
Norton Public Library, which began as the Norton Magazine Club in 1879, became a Massachusetts corporation in 1886. Eliza Wheaton, whose painting adorns the library's meeting room, gave the library to the town. Previously located at the intersection of Routes 123 and 140, the library moved to its current location in 1991. The adjacent park opened in 1999.
Other events here
- Teen Tuesday Tue, May 28, 3:30 pm
- Writers' Group Tue, May 28, 6:00 pm
- Spring-a-Ding Storytime May 15, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / May 29, 2013, 10:30 am
- Norton Cultural Council 1st Annual Art Show and Grant Recipient Reception Thu, May 30, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- I'm Going to Kindergarten! Mon, Jun 3, 4:00 pm
- Teen Tuesday Tue, Jun 4, 3:30 pm
- Friends of the Library Monthly Meeting Tue, Jun 4, 6:30 pm
- Morning Book Discussion Group Wed, Jun 5, 10:30 am
- Afternoon Book Discussion Group Thu, Jun 6, 4:00 pm
- Norton Rail-Trail Committee Meeting June 6, 2013 / June 20, 2013, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm