Norton Sees The First (Real) Snow Fall Of the Season
Less than one inch is expected to accumulate throughout the day.
Today less than one inch is expected, with a temperature high of 31 degrees. Wind will be around 13 miles per hour with gusts as high as 26 miles per hour. Snow will continue through the night, adding up to a half inch.
Tomorrow there is a 40 percent chance of snow, but there is little to no accumulation expected. After 4 a.m. there is a 60 percent chance of snow with winds between 8 and 11 miles per hour.
Snow is expected before 2 p.m. on Wednesday, with a high near 38. There is a 60 percent chance of precipitation, with winds 10 to 15 miles per hour with gusts as high as 25 miles per hour. There is a 30 percent chance that snow will fall again before 2 a.m.
As of right now, there are no school cancellations.
Keith Silver, highway superintendent, said that on Friday, the Highway Department, which has an $80,000 budget this year, has been attaching plows to trucks. They have also been inspecting all equipment used for snow removal in preparation of the possible snowfall.
At the beginning of the snowfall, if it happens, the trucks will salt approximately 110 miles of roadway. If the snow reaches three inches, they will begin plowing.
"If possible, avoid going out during a snow storm," Silver advised.