Five Things You Need to Know: Wednesday, Dec. 26
Here's some of the things going on in Norton today.
- A chance of rain and snow, mainly after 5pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 36. North wind 5 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Night Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 4am. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 33. Breezy, with a northeast wind 14 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
2. The Norton Public Library will be holding a Star Wars Symposium, Saturday, Dec. 29, at 10 a.m.
3. New Year's Eve Bash ticket deadline
Tickets for our McMahon’s Countryside Grill’s New Year's Eve Buffet with the Spellbinders are on sale. The last day to purchase these tickets will be Dec. 26. A cocktail hour will be held 6 to 7 p.m. with a buffet beginning 7 p.m. with seafood, sirloin and more. There will then be dancing until midnight with a champagne toast, coffee and pastries.
5. The National Weather Service has issued a high wind watch for Wednesday night into Thursday for Mansfield. Winds of this magnitude could down trees and tree limbs, power lines and holiday decorations. Numerous power outages and minor property damage is possible. Driving high profile vehicles, such as vans and SUVs will be difficult, especially on elevated roadways.