Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be sunny, with a high near 76. West wind will be between 6 and 10 mph. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 52. Southwest wind will be between 6 and 8 mph.
2. The Trinitarian Congregational Church Youth Group will be hosting its first ever Trike-a-thon at Norton Public Library 2:30 p.m. This event is held to sponsor TYG outreach and programming and the 2012 Norton Public Library Summer Reading awards and incentive program. Cheer on the 33 riders as they ride an adult sized tricycle for eight consecutive hours in support of these programs.
3. The United Regional Chamber of Commerce annual Chamber Golf Tournament will take place June 11 at Glen Ellen Country Club, 84 Orchard St., Millis. The day of golfing, networking and fun starts at 11 a.m. The cost is $160, or $185 with a player passport, per golfer by June 1. Player registration includes lunch, green fees, cart, a buffet dinner and a golf clinic. Player passports include contests, mulligans and other extras within the tournament. For more information or to make a reservation call 508-222-0801.
4. The St. Louis Rams officially announced the signing of Norton's Nick Schwieger to a free agent contract. For more information click here.
5. Norton Patch now has a blogging platform to let readers have more of a voice on the site. Anyone can blog on countless subjects, such as sports, home and garden, politics and more, so long as it is not an advertisement. If you would like to become a blogger, click here.