Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be sunny, with a high near 49. Northwest wind will be between 9 and 11 mph. Tonight there is a 40 percent chance of rain showers before 1 a.m., then a chance of snow showers. There will be increasing clouds, with a low around 34. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
2. Popular performer, guitarist and singer Bill Foley will perform at EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Norton at 2 p.m. Foley is a regular EPOCH performer and always delights audiences. EPOCH is located at 184 Mansfield Ave. All are invited to attend this free performance. Space is limited and a reservation is requested. For more information or to R.S.V.P., call 508-285-7745.
3. Mansfield Music and Arts Society and The New England Repertory Company will present “The 39 Steps” today and this weekend. “The 39 Steps” is an Alfred Hitchcock thriller adapted by Joe Landrey. In the play, four actors play over 100 characters. Tonight’s show starts 8 p.m. Tickets are $22 and reservations are strongly suggested. For more information visit http://mmas.org/.
4. Today is your last chance to help us determine who makes the best breakfast in town. Vote in our poll or leave a review in our directory.
5. At 2 p.m. meet Huggy, a lovable, playful and beautiful cat looking for a family in this week’s Feline Friday video feature.