Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there will be patchy fog before 11 a.m. Otherwise, it will be partly sunny, with a high near 69. Calm wind becoming south between 4 and 7 mph. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 47.
2. Sponsored by the MOMS Club of Norton, a children’s concert with musician Stacy Lake will be held 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. in the community room of Norton Public Library. All ages are welcome. For more information contact Leslianne Costello at 286-2696 or email@example.com. Young Adults and Junior Friends will meet 3 to 5 p.m. to help out with projects around the library, play games and meet friends. Finally, children in kindergarten through third grade can take a learning adventure with Book Explorers at 4 p.m. This “The Lorax” themed event will include reading, crafts and activities.
3. Oak Knoll Wildlife Sanctuary, 1417 Park St., Attleboro, will help kids learn about nature through a story, craft or activity and outdoor nature exploration. March themes include turtles, vernal pools, spring and rabbits. This program costs $40. For more information visit http://www.massaudubon.org/oakknoll or call 508-223-3060.
4. What business in Norton helps you stay in good shape? Vote in this week’s Best Of readers’ choice poll and leave a review in our Places section.
5. Norton Patch now has a blogging platform to let readers have more of a voice on the site. Anyone can blog on countless subjects, such as sports, home and garden, politics and more, so long as it is not an advertisement. If you would like to become a blogger, email Kelly.Mello@Patch.com.