Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there is a 50 percent chance of showers before 2 p.m. and after 3 p.m. Patchy fog is expected between 11 a.m. and noon. Otherwise, it will be cloudy, then gradually mostly sunny, with a high near 63. Southwest wind will be between 5 and 11 mph. Tonight there is a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 9 p.m. Patchy fog is expected after 11 p.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.
2. A monthly Special Needs Parent Support Group will be held 7 to 8:30 p.m. at 250 E. Main St Unit 4, Norton. This informal group is designed for parents and guardians of children with special needs to discuss concerns and share with each other useful strategies and resources relating to home, school and the community. For more information call 508-285-5504.
3. The Ames Free Library will offer Introduction to Weaving from 11 a.m. to noon at the Queset House, 53 N. Main St., North Easton. Participants will weave on a cardboard loom, learn the basics of weaving and make a mug rug. No experience required. The class size is limited to the first 15 registrants. This free program is part of the "Get Crafty at the Library" series. With support from the Easton Cultural Council, the library will be offering a craft event every month.
4. It is the middle of March…but, spring is in the air! Read Annemarie Holloway’s take on this time of year in her latest blog.
5. Help us get 800 fans on Facebook and Twitter! Spread the word about Norton Patch to fellow Nortonites. Get the latest news updates, see extra photos and network with your neighbors.