Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 80. West wind will be between 6 and 8 mph. Tonight there is a 20 percent chance of showers after 11 p.m. Otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. West wind will be around 5 mph becoming calm.
2. Trinitarian Congregational Church, is holding a pancake breakfast and indoor yard sale starting 9 a.m. For $5 enjoy plain or blueberry pancakes, fruit salad, coffee, tea, orange juice, and sausage. Stay for the yard which will include housewares, furniture, toys, books and more.
3. Diabetes Day will be held at the Shaw’s Center in Brockton starting 10 a.m. This is a free event for families, and you don’t need to have diabetes to attend. Guest appearances will be made by Chef Dana Herbert, 2010-11 Winner of TLC’s “Cake Boss: The Next Great Baker,” Brockton Mayor Linda Balzotti, and the federally appointed Regional Director of Health and Human Services, Christie Hager. All attendees will receive a voucher for a free ticket to the Brockton Rox game at 7 p.m., and the opportunity to win raffle prizes. For more information visit www.HarborOne.com/Diabetes.
4. An energy company based in Southborough and New Jersey has proposed a solar installation on privately owned land off Freeman Street. To learn more about this project click here.
5. For news highlights from around the area, tune in this afternoon for our Region Roundup.