Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there is a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly between 1 and 3 p.m. Otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 80. West wind will be between 10 and 13 mph with gusts as high as 23 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Tonight will be mostly cloudy with a temperature low around 59. West wind will be between 5 and 9 mph.
2. Weight Watchers meetings are held at Epoch held every Wednesday at 6 p.m. and new members are being sought. The meeting is an "at work" format and about four more people are needed in order to meet the minimum. The cost is $39.95 per month. Membership is at a discounted rate with full access to all the Weight Watcher etools. For more information call 508-285-3355.
3. The Massachusetts Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (MACCE) recently introduced the Chamber Health Coop, a group purchasing program that makes health insurance more affordable for businesses with 1 to 50 full-time employees. Any small business that belongs to one of the more than 60 participating chambers of commerce and other business associations is eligible to join the Chamber Health Coop. The Tri-Town and United Regional Chambers of Commerce are among this first wave of organizations to make the program available to its members. For more information visit www.ChamberHealthCoop.com or contact your certified insurance.
4. Norton Patch and Parks and Recreation are teaming up to look for the unofficial Mayor of Norton. While there are a few rules, we are eager to hear who you think is the cornerstone of Norton.
5. Taste of Bristol County is looking for participants. For more information tune in at 9 a.m.