Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. On the last day of school, it will be mostly cloudy, then will gradually become sunny, with a high near 79. South wind will be between 3 and 10 mph. Tonight there will be increasing clouds with a low around 64. South wind will be between 5 and 9 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
2. The Norton Town Pool opens full time today. The hours are Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information and reservation forms visit www.nortonparksandrec.com and click on ELP/Pool.
3. The United Regional Chamber of Commerce is hosting its Home Based Business Forum at 9:30 a.m. The meeting will be held on the second floor of the Middlesex Savings Bank, 1000 Franklin Village Dr. Ed McDonough of executive coaching will discuss marketing messages. The Forum is open to Chamber members who are sole proprietors and people who run their businesses from their homes. For more information, contact Connie Dunn at 508-520-3457 or Sheila Oliver at 774-282-0213.
4. Adam Jurgilewicz of Norton is the overall First Place winner of the 9th Annual New England Student Woodworking and Design Competition held Friday, June 8, 2012 at Marlboro High School. Read more about his accomplishment here.
5. The Wheaton College student-run group Best Buds was recently honored with an award for outstanding community service for its work with people who have developmental disabilities. Find out more at 9 a.m.