Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today there will be patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 58.
2. Norton Public Library will hold a joint book group meeting between the evening and men’s book club at 6:30 p.m. The reading selection is “A City So Grand,” by Stephen Puleo.
3. Pre-registration for Sturdy Memorial’s cervical cancer screenings are required by today. The screenings will be held for free Thursday, June 21 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Hospital’s LDRP outpatient department. For more information or to register, call 508-236-7015.
4. The Norton Lyons Club is organizing a Taste of Bristol County fundraiser for Saturday, Sept. 22. To learn more about this event tune in at 9 a.m.
5. Have an opinion on the upcoming election? Thoughts on the superintendent search? Send your letters to the editor to Kelly.Mello@Patch.com.