5 Things You Need To Know Today: July 2
Your Patch Facts for the day.
Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
- Today it will be sunny, with a high near 83. Tonight it will be partly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind will be between 5 and 7 mph.
- Every Saturday the Norton VFW, 38 Summer St., holds meat raffles. This event is for ages 21 years and older and is followed by a 50/50 raffle. There are 12 various meat trays to be drawn and the drawings start at 3 p.m.
- The opening of the Brockton Fair is today. Admission is $20 per carload, $5 for adults (walk-up) and $1 for children 12 and younger (walk-up). The fair closes July 10. For more information visit http://www.brocktonfair.com/index.html.
- Norton Public Schools superintendent Dr. Patricia Ansay announced that Catherine Luke has been appointed as the new L. G. Nourse Elementary School principal. For more information, click here.
- Coming up this weekend will be a list of all the Norton High All-Stars. Be sure to check in.