Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 46. It will be windy, with a west wind between 24 and 29 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 22. West winds will be between 14 and 22 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph.
2. EPOCH Assisted Living of Norton will welcome performer and storyteller Alan Pearlmutter at 2:30 p.m. Pearlmutter is set to perform a program entitled, “Songs and Times of the 40s and 50s.” This program is free and open to the public. For more information, call 508-285-3355.
3. The 62nd Annual New England Home Show, Boston's largest and longest-running home show, returns to the Seaport World Trade Center through February 26. More than 500 experts will be on-hand to share home improvement tips with the DIY crowd, from lighting, siding and flooring, to techniques and tools. Family-friendly exhibitions include live cooking demonstrations at Chef Fest, furniture building with the Woodworking Expo, Holistic Healing Area, Artisan Craft Pavilion and kids' Fun Zone. Admission is $12 for adults, ages 17 and under are admitted free. Attendees can buy tickets online to save $3 at www.newenglandhomeshows.com.
4. Are you looking into buying a home in the Norton area? Check out open houses here.
5. The Norton Police Department will be hosting a basic pistol course Sunday, March 25 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fee is $100 per student. Class size will be limited to 10 students. A live fire exercise will be included. For more information contact Patrolman Bryan C. King at email@example.com or 508-989-0367.