Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. It will be sunny today, with a high near 32. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
2. Students at Henri A. Yelle Elementary School will be raising money to help fight heart disease at the school's second annual Hoops for Heart event to benefit the American Heart Association. Hoops for Heart will be held Feb. 13 and Feb. 14. Students will learn about the human heart and how to take care of it, as well as raise money by obtaining pledges for shooting basketballs during the fun and educational event. Hoops for Heart is held in memory of Caitlin St. John, a former Norton resident and the daughter of Carol St. John, a fourth grade teacher at the school. Caitlin was 20 when she died in 2008 of heart disease.
To make a donation to Hoops for Heart visit http://honor.americanheart.org/goto/henriyelle.
3. Hunakai Studio of Fine Arts, 16 Chestnut St., Foxborough, is offering 30 percent off all outside hallway work through the month of February. This does not include work in the main gallery, although it is for sale. Artwork includes pieces in oils, watercolors, mixed media and drawings. For more information call 508-543-5665 or visit http://www.hunakaistudio.org.
4. Coming up at 2 p.m., get into the Valentine’s Day mood and read about Jamy Sugar's love story. Got a story to share of your own? Email Kelly.Mello@Patch.com.
5. Have random Norton-centric photos you’d like to share? Upload them into the Norton Patch Neighborhood Gallery at any time you like here.