Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be sunny, with a high near 50. Southwest wind will be between 3 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Early Saturday morning there is a 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after 5 a.m. There will be increasing clouds, with a low around 29.
2. L. G. Nourse Elementary School will be extending its Project Early registration to Feb. 29 for children turning 3 years old on or before Aug. 31, 2012. To receive a packet, stop by the school’s main office between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
3. Aimee and Clara from local cable show "The Wrap" will be at Cork's in Mansfield from 4 to 7 p.m. for a wine tasting. They will start with a mix of pomegranate juice, orange juice and Mionetto Il Prosecco. It’s topped with mint and has a deep ruby red color. Next up are two white wines, Prendo Pinot Grigio and Shannon Ridge Chardonnay. For reds they will have Duxinaro Pinot Noir and new Stray Dog Unleashed Red Wine. They will finish the tasting with Chocolate Shop “The Chocolate Lovers wine."
4. Wonder what is going in the vacant building next to Hess and High Tech Automotive? Find out at 9 a.m.
5. Norton Patch now has a blogging platform to let readers have more of a voice on the site. Anyone can blog on countless subjects, such as sports, home and garden, politics and more, so long as it is not an advertisement. If you would like to become a blogger, email Kelly.Mello@Patch.com.