Five Things You Should Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Today will be partly sunny, then will gradually become sunny, with a high near 65. West wind will be between 3 and 11 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 36. North wind will be between 9 and 11 mph.
2. Registration is open for this year’s Run4NortonHigh to take place Sunday, April 29 at Everett Leonard Park, 6 Parker St., Norton. Registration the day of the race begins 8:30 a.m. The Kid’s Fun Run will begin 9:30 a.m. with the main event starting 10 a.m., rain or shine. Pre-registration before April 15 is $15 for adults and $10 for students. Registration fee day of event is $20 for adults and $10 for students. The event will include a DJ, prizes, t-shirts and food. Overall male and female finishers will receive trophies along with runners in age categories. For more information and to register click on the attached PDF.
3. Have you ever wanted to paint an old table and make it look new, or how about a floor in your house to give it that special look? Mansfield Music and Art Society’s Morini Gallery, 377 N. Main St., Mansfield, is teaching the fun of faux painting. You can learn to paint brick, wood, marble or even stucco effects that can be used on just about anything around your house. The classes are $50 per person and $125 for all three. All painting supplies are provided, but you should dress appropriately. For more information visit www.mmas.org.
4. The School Committee proposed a $23,235,958 budget for fiscal year 2013 at Monday Night’s budget hearing. For more information, click here.
5. What’s new with the Tri-Town Chamber of Commerce? Find out at noon.